Subject: RE: X-TASS - where?

I did say that anyone could have a copy, VeriSign is not submitting XTASS to
the S2ML group for the reason that it is not actually an authorization
scheme and it addresses problems that are outside the scope of a 2001
deliverable. To avoid further confusion I have attached a copy to this
message.

It might make sense as a follow on project but you need assertions before
you start building assertions for managing assertions.

XTASS has already been merged into S2ML. That is why the authorization
example is being taken out. Also the tag names in XTASS will be harmonized
with S2ML as a matter of course. (I don't really care whther the label of an
assertion is <This> <Id> or <AssertionId>. I do care that it is a URI.)

For the time being just take XTASS as a thought experiment that shows that
if certain features are borne in mind when defining the S2ML spec some of
the more advanced requirements can be addressed at a later date.

	Phill

Xtass.pdf