Subject: RE: Web-browser Binding Vulnerabilities + "Cures"

Right, passport requires gets (posts don't do well in redirects) and the
multi-redirect method - Site A redirects to asserter with requested URL in
it, asserter verifies, then redirects to requested URL and adds assertion
info.

Note this doesn't work very well with wireless devices as cookies on
wireless are problem.  Also many companies - rightly or wrongly - disable
the use of cookies.

Jamcracker's approach for SSO in the ASP ecosystem is to use a back-channel
communication between the Site A and the asserter.  The assertion travels on
the back-channel with a reference being in the URL on the browser.  Note
that we do the launching of apps from our portal - the first use case.

Cheers,
Dave