OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

security-services message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]

Subject: Re: Minutes of 9 January 2001 Security Services TC telecon

The following minor corrections to the minutes have been reported:

At 07:22 PM 1/9/01 -0500, Eve L. Maler wrote:
>Many thanks for Karl Best for taking the minutes at the initial
>meeting, and to Marc Chanliau for serving as the initial chair.
>Everyone, please review these minutes at your earliest convenience
>for accuracy and ACTION items.  Please report errors by replying to
>this message.
>(BTW, we've managed to have a stellar record for unique first names
>so far.  The only duplicates are Marc/Mark, Dave/David, Tim, Jason,
>and Bob/Robert... :-)
>                         *               *               *
>Minutes of the OASIS Security Services Technical Committee telecon
>9 January 2001
>* Welcome: Marc Chanliau, Netegrity, chair
>* Roll Call: Karl Best, OASIS
>The following people attended the meeting.  In addition to observers, there
>were 55 eligible attendees who asked for membership.  Thus, quorum for our
>next meeting is set at 28, unless some members choose to drop out or revert
>to observer status, or unless there are errors in the roll.
>Stephen Farrell <sfarrell@baltimore.com>
>Merlin Hughes <mhughes@baltimore.com>
>Patrick McLaughlin <pmclaughlin@baltimore.com>
>Irving Reid <irving.reid@baltimore.com>
>Greg Wilson <greg.wilson@baltimore.com>
>Krishna Sankar <ksankar@cisco.com>
>Zahid Ahmed <zahid.ahmed@commerceone.com>
>Norbert Mikula <Norbert@DataChannel.com>
>Hal Lockhard <hal.lockhart@entegrity.com>

Hal Lockhart

>Carlisle Adams <carlisle.adams@entrust.com>
>Alex Berson <alex.berson@entrust.com>
>Robert Griffin <robert.griffin@entrust.com>
>Tim Moses <tim.moses@entrust.com>
>Nigel Edwards <nigel_edwards@hp.com>
>Joe Pato <joe_pato@hp.com>
>Jason Rouault <jason_rouault@hp.com>
>Maryann Hondo <mhondo@us.ibm.com>
>Kelly Emo <kemo@jamcracker.com>
>David Orchard <dorchard@jamcracker.com>
>Valerie Beaubien <vbeaubien@netegrity.com>
>Sumner Blount <sblount@netegrity.com>
>Marc Chanliau <mchanliau@netegrity.com>
>Dave Jablon <djablon@netegrity.com>
>Prateek Mishra <pmishra@netegrity.com>
>Keith O'Leary <koleary@netegrity.com>
>Jeff Hodges <jhodges@oblix.com>
>Charles Knouse <cknouse@oblix.com>
>Steve Anderson <sanderson@opennetwork.com>
>Duane Hamilton <dhamilton@opennetwork.com>
>Michael Lyons <mlyons@opennetwork.com>
>Britta Glade <bglade@securant.com>
>Eric Olden <eric@securant.com>
>Darren Platt <dplatt@securant.com>
>Arny Epstein <aepstein@silverstream.com>
>Sai Allavarpu <sai.allavarpu@eng.sun.com>
>Chris Ferris <chris.ferris@east.sun.com>
>David Hofert <david.hofert@sun.com>
>Eve Maler <eve.maler@east.sun.com>
>Brian Schussler <brian.schussler@sun.com>
>Paul Ashley <paul_ashley@tivoli.com>
>Bob Blakley <George_Robert_Blakley_III@tivoli.com>
>Marlena Erdos <marlena@us.ibm.com>
>Heather Hinton <Heather_Hinton@tivoli.com>
>Sridhar Muppidi <Sridhar_Muppidi@tivoli.com>
>Mark Vandenwauver <Mark_Vandenwauver@tivoli.com>
>Warwick Ford <WFord@verisign.com>
>Phillip Hallam-Baker <pbaker@verisign.com>
>Thayne Lambeck <tplambeck@verisign.com>

Thane Plambeck

>Tony Palmer <tony@vordel.com>


>Jeremy Epstein <jepstein@webmethods.com>
>John Baker <JBaker@axent.com>
>Michah Lerner <michah@att.com>
>Bob Morgan <rlmorgan@washington.edu>
>Jason Penney <jason.penney@brokat.com>
>Anders Rundgren <anders.rundgren@telia.com>
>Propsective members (OASIS members observing at this meeting who missed the


>registration deadline, but who can become members after 60 days):
>Alan Byrne - Vordel
>Marc Fastiggi <mfastiggi@crosslogix.com>
>Herb Erickson - Silverstream
>David McNeely <dmcneely@netscape.com>
>Bill Perry <wmperry@aventail.com>
>Adam Pristina - Netscape
>Evan Promrodou <evan@outlook.net>
>Gilbert Tilz - Jamcracker
>David Wine <david.wine@entitlenet.com>
>Tim Winston - Aventail
>Ken Yagen <kyagen@crosslogix.com>
>ACTION: If your email address is missing from the list above, please send
>it to Karl Best.
>Other observers:
>Karl Best <karl.best@oasis-open.org>
>Sanjeve Hirve <shirve@cyberelan.com>
>Ed Simon <ed.simon@entrust.com>
>Prakash Ramamurthy <prakash@oblix.com>
>* Chairmanship: Karl
>Marc Chanliau resigns his position.  Eve Maler (Sun) is nominated by Marc
>Chanliau, seconded by Norbert Mikula.  Elected by unanimous consent.
>Eve notes that OASIS TCs are run with reference to the OASIS bylaws [1] and
>Robert's Rules of Order [a handy source of which is at [2]].
>* Reexamine TC charter/scope
>The original TC proposal is at [3].
>New statement of purpose, by unanimous consent:
>"The purpose of the XML-Based Security Services TC is to define an XML
>framework for exchanging authentication and authorization information."
>New list of deliverables and projected dates, by unanimous consent:
>"The XML-Based Security Services TC will produce set of one or more

"...*a* set of..."

>Committee Specifications that cover use cases and requirements, core
>assertions, protocols, bindings, and a conformance suite, all of the
>aforementioned to be examined with respect to security considerations.  The
>work will take the S2ML specification and the intended submission of
>AuthXML, along with any other relevant and timely submissions, into
>consideration.  The goal (subject to revision) is to publish a
>substantially complete set of Committee Specifications by 1 June 2001, and
>submit a Committee Specification to the OASIS membership for its approval
>by 1 September 2001."
>The intent is to allow enough time between 1 June and 1 September for
>implementation against the conformance suite.
>* Fill required positions:
>Eight subcommittees were agreed on, by unanimous consent.  Leaders
>(effectively combination chair/editors) for the subcommittees have been
>assigned as follows:
>Coordinating editor: Bob Blakley, Tivoli
>Use Cases and Requirements: Darren Platt, Securant
>Core Assertions: Phil Hallam-Baker
>Protocols: Tim Moses, Entrust
>Bindings: Prateek Mishra, Netegrity
>Conformance Suite: Krishna Sankar, Cisco
>Security Considerations: Jeremy Epstein, WebMethods
>Other positions assigned:
>Issues list maintainer: Hal Lockhard, Entegrity
>Web page maintainer: Marc Chanliau, Netegrity
>Secretary: Heather Hinton, Tivoli
>The following efforts would benefit from liaison with our own; there may be
>others later:
>- ebXML
>- XML Encryption
>- XML Protocol
>ACTION: If you are interested in serving as an official Security Services
>TC liaison with one or more of these efforts, please announce this fact on
>the mailing list before the next meeting.  (Maryann Hondo was mentioned as
>an ebXML liaison, but we didn't catch the other names mentioned.)  This
>will be determined at the next meeting.
>Subcommittees will set their own meeting schedules and be managed
>internally as each leader sees fit; presumably they can get started right
>away.  They will be expected to submit a report at each "plenary" TC
>meeting.  Mailing lists can be created for subcommittees by request to Karl
>ACTION: If you are interested in joining a subcommittee, send mail to its
>leader as soon as possible.
>Very likely, the leaders of the subcommittees will meet separately to
>handle coordination issues.  Bob will run these meetings, but Eve will be
>available to help as necessary.
>* Meeting schedule
>Two possible dates mentioned for the first face-to-face (F2F) meeting are
>25 January and 9 February.
>ACTION: Eve to fix the date of the first face-to-face (F2F) meeting after
>collecting availability data through the Evite.com meeting scheduler.
>Teleconference calls will be conducted every other Tuesday.  The next
>telecon will be January 23 at 9-11am PST/12 noon-2pm EST/5-7pm GMT.  This
>time slot may change in the future, and the length of the biweekly telecons
>may be reduced to one hour.  Telecons will be hosted by Netegrity.
>ACTION: Marc to set up the telecon and send out the phone number information.
>[1] http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.shtml
>[2] http://www.constitution.org/rror/rror--00.htm
>Eve Maler                                          +1 781 442 3190
>Sun Microsystems XML Technology Center    eve.maler @ east.sun.com

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]

Powered by eList eXpress LLC