Subject: RE: New Name ! (A new suggestion)

Title: RE: New Name ! (A new suggestion)
How about dropping the Access part, and call it XCES (perhaps a bit xcessive though :-).

One problem with the name is that it's not as much about credential exchange as results of credential exchanges.

Dave
-----Original Message-----
From: Jeremy Epstein [mailto:jepstein@webmethods.com]
Sent: Friday, January 26, 2001 9:06 AM
To: Carlisle Adams; 'Eve L. Maler'; OASIS SSTC List

Great suggestion!  Perhaps almost as importantly, a quick search didn't find any significant products that already use this acronym.  (There are several companies, etc., but nothing that should cause confusion.)  Perhaps most telling, feeding the words Active XML Credentials Exchange Specification into Google hit several pages related to this effort near the top of the list... so it must be at least related to what we're doing at a buzzword level :-)

--Jeremy