Subject: RE: Pre-TC Creation Discussion List Creation Request

Security Committee Members,

Your input on the included thread is requested in order to determine if we
should establish a separate pre-TC discussion or petition for creation of a
sub-group within the Security Services group.
In summary we wish to create a group focused on security related
specifications orthogonal to the efforts of the XML-Based Security Services
TC. Whereas XML-Based Security Services exists to define an XML framework
for exchanging authentication and authorization information, XACML is
concerned with the representation of access control policies as XML and the
application of these policies to XML documents. Current public examples of
the types of issues the group will address are illustrated by:
<http://www9.org/w9cdrom/419/419.html>
<http://www.trl.ibm.co.jp/projects/xml/doccont/xacl_e.htm>

Thanks,

Simon Y. Blackwell