Subject: RE: Agenda for Security Services TC 20 March 2001 telecon/Comments onCore group V model / Group V Examples

Hi,

	Here are some of my observations - As I couldn't participate at the f2f
;-0, pl pardon me if I raise the same questions.:

	1.	The document has a lots of good thinking and ideas. Definitely good
work.

	2.	[Editorial]	The document should look like an OASIS document. A good
format (to start with) would be the ebXML-RegRep
(http://lists.ebxml.org/archives/ebxml-regrep/200103/msg00084.html)

	3.	Section 1 says the terminology is intentionally different from the use
case. IMHO, we should use the same terminology (unless of course there is
some compelling reason)

	4.	We do have to discuss about the term ticket. Why can't we call it an
assertion ? There could be many different assertion documents like security
pass, session token, an ePassport, an eDrivingLicense, an eTicket, ...

	5.	Section 2.1 - We cannot assume that the client will always be the
initiator. We should not preclude event based mechanisms including
publish/subscribe paradigms.

	6.	[Editorial] Remove X-Tass references (Page 6,)

	7.	I have a general question on X-TASS. What exactly is the relation
between X-TASS and SAML ? The X-TASS document still has copyright - I
thought the OASIS standards should have no private IP claims. (Of course, I
am totally ignorant in legal matters (among other things ;-))

	8.	Section 4.1 - Zero footprint clients also could include wireless phones,
internet appliances, refrigerators, ...

	9.	Meta assertion - Good concept. This might be done as an event or pub/sub
for example if a certificate expires,...

	10.	Section 5.1 - Doesn't make sense. Looks like a use case, not an
Architectural artifact. If we are going this path, an authenticator is the
good choice because the issuing server is only concerned with issuing
assertions. Of course, an authenticator can be viewed a special case of an
issuing server which issues authentication assertions.

	11.	Sections 5.4.1, 5.4.2 should belong in the use case. Or the section 5
should take all use cases and elaborate them. The Group V examples document
is an excellent idea, I think it should be an Appendix. Then we need to
balance the level of details. I assume the hierarchy (ascending order of
details) would be use cases -> Section 5 in this document -> the examples,
with the examples being most detailed.

	12.	Appendix A : Isn't the encoding our main contribution ? Also, in my
view, the tickets should be XML not binary.

cheers (I would rather stop now than ramble more ..........)