Subject: RE: XACML Proposal

OASIS itself is agnostic on whether its TCs come up with compatible or
incompatible specifications.  However, TCs can choose to coordinate closely
if they wish, and David, it sounds to me like you might want what OASIS
calls joint committees.  See section (o) of:

   http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.shtml#official

I think it's potentially a great idea to ensure that the XACML work
proceeds on the same technical assumptions the SSTC does (terminology,
possibly use cases, etc.), to the extent that it matters for XACML's scope
and design.  A JC could help figure this out.  Or we could achieve the same
thing by informal liaison.

         Eve

--
Eve Maler                                             +1 781 442 3190
Sun Microsystems XML Technology Development  eve.maler @ east.sun.com