Subject: FW: New Security Opportunity

OASIS Security Services TC Members,
If you would like to participate in the following project on behalf of
OASIS, please let me know.
Thanks,
Carol

Carol Geyer
Director of Communications
OASIS
carol.geyer@oasis-open.org
Tel: +1.941.926.2322
Fax: +1.941.328.0121 x3791

OASIS       	http://www.oasis-open.org
XML.ORG     	http://xml.org
XML Cover Pages	http://xml.coverpages.org
ebXML       	http://www.ebXML.org
CGM Open    	http://www.cgmopen.org

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Townsend [mailto:k.townsend@itsecurity.com]
Sent: Saturday, March 31, 2001 5:24 AM
To: k.townsend@itsecurity.com
Subject: New Security Opportunity

Hi

I'm writing to you because The Encyclopedia of Computer Security has
published one or more of your news announcements during the past three
months. Please accept my apologies if this is not appropriate.

I want to tell you about an exciting new service that we'll be launching
in
the next few weeks - it's a new concept that's a cross between an active
FAQ and an interactive magazine. You can preview how it will work by
checking the draft section at
http://www.itsecurity.com/asktecs/asktecs.htm.

In short, readers will ask their security questions, and experts will
provide the answers. Both question and answer will be posted on the
site,
creating an active and pertinent security FAQ. A monthly e-mail digest
will
turn it into an interactive magazine.

This mail is to invite you to nominate one or more security experts to
provide the answers. Each 'question' will be mailed to the experts.
There
is no obligation to provide any answers to any questions - but all
relevant
answers will be published with full contact details.

There are very few conditions to this service:

1. The editor has final say in what is published.

2. Informative answers that include links will be included; but
non-informative advertisements will be excluded.

3. TECS will not publish the contact details of enquirers.

4. TECS will automatically publish contact details of the security
experts,
unless specifically requested not to.

5. Copyright for all answers will belong to TECS. (Note, however, that
TECS
will not enforce any copyright, and will actively encourage people,
especially journalists, to use the service as a research resource.)

6. TECS reserves the right to alter or add to these conditions in the
future.

That's all there is to it. If you would like to nominate one or more
security experts to take part in this new venture, simply get them to
send
a mail to k.townsend@itsecurity.com to that effect, confirming that they
accept the conditions.

Let me know if you need any further details - and don't forget to check
out
the draft at http://www.itsecurity.com/asktecs/asktecs.htm.

TECS gets more than 25,000 visitors each month. The first issue of the
monthly digest will be sent to more than 2000 exisiting subscribers to
TECS
services. We expect that number to grow rapidly after the launch.

Best wishes

Kev

Kevin Townsend
editor: TECS: The Encyclopedia of Computer Security
http://www.itsecurity.com
Tel: +44 1626 836838
mailto:k.townsend@itsecurity.com