Subject: F2F #2 followup, goings-on for next telecons

Folks-- Please read this message carefully.

Thanks to everyone who attended F2F #2 and/or prepared material for it; I
think we accomplished a lot.  If you took minutes (or notes that you think
will be useful as I compile the official minutes), please send them to me
as soon as possible.  Also, if you gave a presentation and want to make it
available, send that along too.

One of the important decisions we took was to change the makeup of our
subcommittees.  The use-case and core-protocol groups were
dissolved/merged, and we will instead have a "focus subcommittee" that will
meet on the weeks opposite the whole-TC telecons to grind through the
current requirements and design issues and make recommendations upwards to
the TC as a whole.  I was tapped to run this subcommittee.  It will not
have a separate mailing list; we will use the security-services list for
all communications.

EVERYONE is invited to be on the focus subcommittee, but attendance is not
required (that is, if you don't attend, it doesn't count against good
standing).  However, many decisions will jell here, so be sure to weigh in
on issues you care about!

We still have a security/privacy considerations subcommittee, now headed by
Jeff Hodges (thanks to Jeremy Epstein for his service), and a conformance
subcommittee, still headed by Krishna Sankar.

We will attempt to hold our first focus team meeting next Tuesday, 24
April, from noon-2pm ET (same slot as our regular TC meeting).  I don't
have telecon numbers arranged yet, but will do that as soon as
possible.  Check your mail by Monday 5pm ET for an agenda and phone
number.  If you can't check your mail after that point for some reason,
just give me a call (see .sig below) on Tuesday to get the info.

BTW, I will be unable to attend the TC telecon on 1 May.  In the past, the
TC has self-selected a chair pro tem, as dictated by Robert's Rules.  (Joe
Pato has been kind enough to be in this role in the past, but I'll let him
decide whether he'll run if nominated and serve if elected this time! :-)

	Eve
--
Eve Maler                                             +1 781 442 3190
Sun Microsystems XML Technology Development  eve.maler @ east.sun.com