Subject: RE: Burton Group Catalyst conference

Eve, Carol,

I'd be happy to deliver this talk - so go ahead and reserve a slot. (I
suspect others may also be interested, so I don't think there is any danger
in making sure the slot exists...)

- joe

-----Original Message-----
From: Eve L. Maler [mailto:eve.maler@east.sun.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2001 10:02 AM
To: security-services@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: carol.geyer@oasis-open.org
Subject: Burton Group Catalyst conference

Jim Kobielus of The Burton Group has contacted me looking for a speaker to
represent the SAML work at its annual Catalyst conference on 22-25 July in
San Diego.  This will be late enough in our cycle that we should have some
significant work to report, and we could also position SAML among all the
other security efforts going on.  I've attached the call for papers and
speaker proposal form.

Since I will not be near email during the latter part of this week, and
since Jim wanted to hear back by Friday, I've asked Carol Geyer (OASIS
Director of Communications) to field responses from interested people.  So
if you think you might want to represent the group at this conference, send
her mail (or reply to this message, keeping her cc'd).  She'll let Jim know
so that we'd like to reserve a slot.  On my return, I will follow up.

BTW, since this speaking opportunity is for a *representative* of the
group, I would like to make sure that the talk is truly representative, and
so I would like to ensure that the group has a chance to review the
presentation.  (I'm very glad to hear that many of you are giving talks
that discuss SAML.  Do please be careful, though, to characterize your
remarks correctly...not everything in our documents has reached consensus
yet!)

Thanks,

         Eve