Subject: RE: Minutes of 8 May 2001 Focus subcommittee telecon

As to question/suggestion #3
>3. Should we split out Name/Realm as above?
I would strongly agree. Apart from the reasons Stephen mentions, there is at
least one other good reason to do this: the same name may be authenticated
by authorities in different realms. I.e. jahan_moreh@sigaba.com may be
authenticated by the authentication authority in the realm sigaba.com or
ucla.edu. In the former case the name/realm combination would be
jahan_moreh@sigaba.com/sigaba.com and the latter case would be
jahan_moreh@sigaba.com/ucla.edu.

Jahan Moreh
Chief Security Architect