Subject: RE: Submission to RSA Conference?

Prateek,

Yes, I have already submitted for the Developer's Track.

Jason

-----Original Message-----
From: Mishra, Prateek [mailto:pmishra@netegrity.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2001 3:16 PM
To: 'Krishna Sankar'; Jeremy Epstein; Jahan Moreh; ROUAULT,JASON
(HP-FtCollins,ex1); Mishra, Prateek; oasis sstc; 'pbaker@verisign.com'

Folks,

In conversation with Carlisle Adams, we came up with the following
suggestions:

(1) Standards Track Presentation (not a panel)
Intro to SAML standard effort, use-cases, architecture, standards status.

(2) Developers Track Presentation (not a panel)
How developers can use SAML in their programs, develop security services,
available SAML APIs.

(3) XML Security standards presentation/panel
(proposed by Philip H-B. so lets ask him to drive this one).

One reason to avoid a panel is that frankly it will take 30-40 minutes
of a good presentation to get the main points across. The main idea of
a panel is to expose different viewpoints, that does not seem helpful
for (1) and (2).

Following Jeremy's suggestion, the main coordination point is not to
have too many presentations on the same topic. Therefore, I am requesting
folks to coordinate by NOT sending in many submissions on these topics.

It appears that submissions on (1) and (2) have already been made to RSA?
IF not, we should make sure that there are some submissions in by July 15.

Jahan: I believe you have made a submission on the standards track for SAML.
Could you please confirm that?

Krishna, Jason: Have you guys submitted on the dev track?

In that case, I would propose we make no further submissions on these topics
(this has nothing to do with various corporate submissions you may be
making).

I would also request the submitters for (1) and (2) to review their slides
(several people would be happy to help with the contents)
with the group AND highlight all of the companies participating in SAML
at OASIS.

- prateek