Subject: ..the notorious bearer subject..

Bob,

As part of crunching thru the third f2f
whiteboard draft, we find numerous
references to "bearer" as one possibility
for the subject element in an assertion.

Presumably, a bearer assertion
is one that can be simply presented
by whoever is "holding" it
and used without further proof of ownership.

(1) How do we model this at the XML-level ---
I assume it is enough to have an element
called <Bearer/> that can appear within the
<Subject> element.

(2) Is this really required within SAML?
What use-case did you have in mind?

- prateek