Subject: Request for clarification

Title: Request for clarification

As someone who is new to this group, I hope you'll forgive me for asking some questions that may have some obvious answers.

If a user is authenticating via userID and password, where is the password passed in the authentication query? What form does it take?

If a user is being authenticated with public key techniques (but something other than SSL client authentication) where are the challenge and the signature on the challenge stored? What form do they take?

Thanks,
Shirley