Subject: RE: AuthenticatorLocale Definition

There was strong sentiment for the inclusion of this element at F2F#3. (And
a few people strongly opposed.) The issues document DS-7-04 & DS-7-05
discusses some of the pros and cons. Core warns that the values can easily
be spoofed.

Given that ease of spoofing is the major reason for opposing the inclusion,
I would personally be opposed to using these values in a way that suggested
they had some security properties, e.g. in SubjectConfirmation.

The fact of the matter is that these values are used today for AuthZ
decisions and Audit Trail whether we like it or not.

Hal