Subject: SAML PartnerID Requirements

SAMLers,

The following is an extract from a posting by Marlena Erdos

" Lastly, I haven't complained about it (because it
is a secondary issue) but I do not think
that the requirement of a new "partner id"
namespace is a good thing (however necessary it
may be for artifact type 0001). I'll note that the Shibb
artifact doesn't require a new namespace. (Admittedly, one
could argue about which is worse: having to
authenticate the artifact or having to
have a new needs-to-be-configured-and-updated
namespace. (I'm sure it depends on one's environment.))"

As described by yours ever, Anders-"PITA"-Rundgren,
there is no need for PartnerIDs except in the PULL profile.

Unfortunately PULL is not very user-friendly as it leaves the
*user* with a dead RP-server or a broken partner URL.

Shib does AFAIK *not* suffer from such deficiencies.

Thanx
/Anders