Subject: FW: Bob Blakley's workitems from 9/18 con-call

Title: FW: Bob Blakley's workitems from 9/18 con-call

Hi,

A small modification to Bob's wording.  This seems better to me, but if anyone has objections, please post...

Carlisle.

----------
From:   George Robert Blakley III[SMTP:blakley@us.tivoli.com]
Sent:   Tuesday, September 18, 2001 4:46 PM
To:     Carlisle Adams
Subject:        RE: Bob Blakley's workitems from 9/18 con-call

Carlisle,

I think you're right... I haven't thought this all the way through.  I
think the correct wording would say something
more neutral, like

       "The SubjectConfirmation method instructs the assertion issuer to
   whom the query is directed to ***generate the assertion in such a way
   that*** the Subject Designation information in the
   assertion it returns ***can be confirmed by a relying party*** using the
   specified SubjectConfirmation method"

Better?  If so, please feel free to post this correspondence to the list.

--bob

Bob Blakley (email: blakley@us.tivoli.com   phone: +1 512 436 1564)
Chief Scientist, Security and Privacy, Tivoli Systems, Inc.

Carlisle Adams <carlisle.adams@entrust.com> on 09/18/2001 03:38:12 PM

Please respond to Carlisle Adams <carlisle.adams@entrust.com>