Subject: Re: [security-services] Recommendation: SAML elements should befullyqualified

At 02:13 PM 11/2/01 -0500, Rich Salz wrote:
>I disagree; I don't think we should be writing a general "XML Style
>guide"

I would say it's not merely a style guide matter to specify that SAML
elements must be qualified as being in the SAML namespace.  Is that what
you mean?

I would agree that we *shouldn't* mandate namespace prefixes, since it's
legitimate according to the XML Namespaces spec to default instead of
prefixing.  But requiring qualified markup seems fair -- we are defining
the one true set of SAML namespaces, and if you don't use it in your
message, you're arguably not using SAML.  Maybe it should just go in the
conformance section?

         Eve