Subject: Re: [security-services] Status code proposal

> I don't know the current likelihood of it (or something like it) being
> adopted for SOAP 1.3, but it seemed to be favorably received in various
> forms. I selected the variant I liked the best, but others are possible.

I thought the other approach -- an array of elements, the first one
being distinguished as it must come from a specified set -- was getting
better consensus.  It avoids subtle "what is more detail" semantics, and
lets you provide "alternate views on what happened" semantics.
(Disclaimer:  it was also my idea. :)

On a more major issue, is the intent that SAML status codes be able to
carry transport errors?  For example, if I'm doing SAML over soap, and
the soap library gets a SOAP fault, can the local SAML library wrap that
up in a SAML message to present to the local application?  *Should it?*
	/r$
Encryption)
http://www.zolera.com