Subject: Re: [security-services] Action Item A23

Sorry to be potentially out of touch with reality, but has this proposal
already been approved as is?  I just have a few questions, but in general
support it.

- I have to admit I find it a little weird to naming elements <AbstractFoo>
since any element that actually occurs in an instance will be disturbingly
concrete.  What is the rationale for the existence of (the new)
<AbstractAssertion>, when (the new) <Assertion> allows any desired
configuration?

- I've tried this suggestion several times, but I'm not sure if everyone's
politely wishing it will go away or desperately hoping that others will
speak up for it: If (the new) Assertion can potentially contain multiple
statements and if its main function in life is to provide common metadata
etc., then I think a good name for it would be something like
<AssertionPackage>.  It doesn't imply singularity or multiplicity, and it
alerts a human that the statements all semantically "go together" with the
common information.

- Have we indeed settled all our semantic issues about cases where multiple
statements appear in an assertion?

         Eve