Subject: RE: [security-services] New Issue: Multi-Valued Attributes

> Did I miss the justification for re-inventing another xml
> flavor of the ASN.1 Attribute rather than re-using someone
> else's (e.g. DSML)? Seems like we're re-visiting a lot that others
must
> have considered.

I'd rather let somebody more familiar with DSML address that question,
but I don't have any particular focus on ASN.1 or LDAP at all. I don't
see a justification for limiting attribute syntax. That's what XML
schemas are for, and it's not really SAML's job.

What I think SAML should do is *avoid* saying anything about it at all.
It's pretty close to that now, this just removes a final limitation.