Subject: RE: [security-services] Thoughts wrt draft-sstc-saml-issues-status-01

At 01:57 PM 1/25/02 -0500, Scott Cantor wrote:
>Maybe (don't shoot me) it would be better to call it something other
>than AttributeNamespace? I think if you call something a namespace in
>the middle of an XML document, the confusion is fairly understandable.
>Then again, maybe it's a distinction without a difference, I don't know.
>The term AttributeNameQualifier came to mind.

I added prose in core 1.3.2, and also added a definition of "XML namespace"
to the glossary, to try to explain away the "SAML namespace" vs. "XML
namespace" distinction, but it's pretty awkward and confusing.  I commented
on this back around F2F #2 at least, and would still love to change this
name (and also ActionNamespace), but had given up until emboldened by
Scott's recent comments. :-)

AttributeNameQualifier isn't too bad, but ActionValueQualifier doesn't work
quite as well.  AttributeNameSet and ActionValueSet?

         Eve