Subject: RE: [security-services] Minuets of Discussion at 12 noon, Februar y 1

If we are to get really ansy about this 61 is actually a valid value for
seconds. Leap seconds are introduced about once a decade or so.

The problem with the X.509 approach is that you can actually end up with
a hole in the cert coverage over the leap second. That is not a biggie
in the X.509 framework since you then don't trust the cert for a second.

However that type of thing could be a major problem with an attribute
assertion which might well have blocking semantics so a DoS would be
significant.

		Phill

Phillip Hallam-Baker FBCS C.Eng.
Principal Scientist