Subject: [security-services] Changes for Core 26

All,

	Here are some changes I propose making to the current core 26 to
recognise some cleanup issues where the text has appeared on the list in
response to an action item but has not necessarily been voted to accept:

Numerous typos identified by Farrell et. al.

Proposed normative text for ISSUE:[DS-14-11:CompareElements]
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200202/msg00035.html
Semi-discussed at con-call, will replace for now, will accept further change
if this proposed.

Fragment identifiers (again)
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200202/msg00023.html

Proposed by S. Farrell, discussion on list, consensus appears to be that
fragment identifiers are OK, some discussion of the default base issue but
we don't need to change the default base in our application.

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200202/msg00005.html
All changes now applied EXCEPT for the following

Time Issue:
	At the Con call I was actioned to make the change, however the text
states that this is a CONFORMANCE document issue. So do people still want
that specific change made?

If nobody objects I propose making the following changes which appear to be
the minimum that people agree is needed.

a) Insert section 1.3.4 Time Values.

All SAML time values MUST be expressed in UTC form. SAML applications SHOULD
NOT rely on other applications supporting time resolution finer than
milliseconds.

b) Modify text in the following sections to state "The time value MUST be
expressed in UTC time as specified in section 1.3.4"
2.3.3, 2.3.3., 3.2.1, 3.4.1

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200202/msg00034.html
Minutes for Telecon, Tuesday Feb 05, 2002
Mainly discusses
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200202/msg00012.html

The following status applies

H1: No action, waiting for decision from Eve's note
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200202/msg00035.html

H2: Fixed, have changed the wording originally objected to so that
all now say 'a successful response consists of one or more assertions
containing one or more statements.

I am having problems with Prateek's proposed change which begins
Section 3.5.5 Responses to <AuthenticationQuery> and <AttributeQuery>
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200202/msg00036.html

There is no section 3.5 in core 25.

H3: Currently I have the text proposed in:
Proposed normative text for ISSUE:[DS-14-11:CompareElements]
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200202/msg00018.html
I will add this in as specified above

H4: Eve discussing with Sun engineers

H5: Waiting on text from Hal

H6: Done

This leaves the following issues open

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200202/msg00019.html

706: Wildcard issue.

664: IPv6 issue, I need someone to write text.

779: The directory attributes issue
	Steve and I decided offline that the best solution would be to task
a directory expert who works for a company that sells a directory (such as
Oblix^h^h^h^h^hSun) to write up some text.

I hope to get a version out in pdf form tonight. There will be a single pdf
with change bars and line numbers both enabled.

		Phill

Phillip Hallam-Baker FBCS C.Eng.
Principal Scientist
VeriSign Inc.