Subject: Re: [security-services] Changes for Core 26

There're two hard cases to consider:

- where the PEP is integrated into an application layer gateway (e.g.
a http proxy) then it doesn't "know" the resources case sensitivity
rules, (but even if it did...)
- since saml is specifying a PEP/PDP protocol, then assuming that
both the PEP and PDP "know" the case sensitity rules breaks
interop - the current spec makes this assumption since there's
no signalling in the protocol and no definition of a "canonical"
form for URIs

>         I don't understand your problem, the PEP will ask for the relevant
> resource and will know how it applies its case sensitivity rules. If FRED
> and fred are equivalent it will know that.

The problem is that there are really two "its" in the sentence above - the
PEP and PDP, both from different vendors running on different boxes.

Stephen.

Stephen Farrell
Baltimore Technologies,   tel: (direct line) +353 1 881 6716
39 Parkgate Street,                     fax: +353 1 881 7000
Dublin 8.                mailto:stephen.farrell@baltimore.ie
Ireland                             http://www.baltimore.com