Subject: RE: [security-services] underspecified behavior for AuthenticationQuery ?

> >>Scenario #1: The responder couldn't find the assertion
> >>matching the AsertionID
> >>12345 because it's not in the responder's assertion store, or
> >>the assertion was
> >>issued for a site different than the requester.
> >>

> Response: Success, No assertions.

But in binding-11 spec, line 519-521, it says

"The source site MUST return an error code if it receives a <samlp:Request>
message from an authenticated destination site X containing an artifact issued
by the source site to some other destination site Y, where X <> Y."

I feel we should treat a Request with AssertionID the same as a Request with
Artifact if that AssertionID is associated with an Assertion that is issued for
a specific site only. Can we safely say X <> Y is a real error therefore an
error code should be returned instead of Success?

Thanks,
Emily