Subject: RE: [security-services] HolderOfKey and SenderVouches are slippin gthru the cracks(!)

Title: RE: [security-services] HolderOfKey and SenderVouches are slippin g thru the cracks(!)

I agree with Prateek. I think a confirmation method should be defined in the Profile that uses it.

BTW, I made this comment some time ago, but I will repeat it. The description of Holder-of-Key is wrong. If you look up ds:KeyInfo you will see thaat it is not "Any cryptographic key", it is specifically a Public Key. I think the description should read something like:

"The subject of the assertion is the party that can demonstrate that it knows the value of the private key that corresponds to the Public Key specified in <ds:KeyInfo> of the enclosing <SubjectConfirmation> element, by means of the procedures implied by the particular KeyInfo format chosen."

The reason is that an X.509 cert implies X.509 processing, a PGP key ring implies PGP processing and so forth.

Hal