OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

security-services message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]

Subject: [security-services] Minutes for Telecon, Tuesday 6 August 2002

Minutes for SSTC Telecon, Tuesday 6 August 2002
Dial in info: +1 334 262 0740 #856956
Minutes taken by Steve Anderson

> Agenda:
> 1. Roll call

- Attendance attached to bottom of these minutes
- Quorum achieved

> 2. Agenda Items

- Joe: thinks today will be consumed mainly by WS-Sec Profile
- Other topics?
    - Hal: thinks it's unlikely that we'll change our mind on how to
      assign that work
    - suggests discussing going from laundry list of new work items
      to actual next steps
    - Irving: seems that use cases are the way to identify those
- Will defer WS-Sec discussion until Prateek arrives on call

> 3. Next Steps

- Joe: Are there use cases people would like to put on table to drive
  our direction?
- Hal: dynamic sessions and proxy logins are two examples we deferred
  from 1.0
- question is how many people are interested in working on these?
- Prateek: mentions Liberty 1.0
- Joe: (speaking individually) there is talk within Liberty on bringing
  specs to a standards body
- he is encouraging them to bring them to this committee
- RLBob: do we need to craft a statement to Liberty on our desire to 
  see this happen?
 - Joe: sounds like a good idea
 - Do any of the Liberty participants that are here today think that
   would be useful?
 - Jason: thinks it would
 - Joe: would prefer an email exchange of edits to the WS-Sec 
   statement from before
 - Joe will send an email to the list with a starting point for
   these edits
 - Discussion on whether to enumerate elements of Liberty spec
 - Hal: can't see any part we wouldn't want to consider
 - Phill: gets feeling that such a statement might create backlash
 - suggests using informal contact rather than formal, as it relates
   to statements visible from outside the group
 - Rob: agrees with Phill
 - Phill: rather than draft a formal motion, charge the liaisons with
   providing the communication
 - Prateek: could get stuck in situation where they don't move due to 
   the lack of invitation
 - Hal: so charge the liaisons with making the invitation
 - Joe: let's make the liaisons officially appointed
  - Volunteers: Jason, Rob,
  - will postpone remainder to end of meeting, to see if Jeff will
    also be interested
      - [joined later, and accepted]
  - any objections to Jason, Rob and possibly Jeff serving as 
    liaisons? (none)
- back to use cases
- Hal: can expect XACML TC to propose extension to AuthZDecision

> 4. WS-Sec Discussion

- Reviewing Hal's point that we've reached stopping point on the 
  technical work, and we're waiting for first meeting of WSS TC
- Prateek: will this be a formal submission from this TC to that TC?
- Jeff: doesn't think there is a formal process
- WSS TC could decide this is in there charter, and it becomes a source
  doc, and the SS TC would no longer work on it
- if they refuse it, we will pick it up and see it completed
- Joe: thinks we would want to submit the draft to the WSS TC prior to
  their first meeting
- Prateek: will clean up nits in doc this week and submit to co-chairs
  of WSS TC
- will circulate text on the list that will be used in this submission
- side note
 - Jeff has joined, and accepts liaison designation discussed earlier
- Hal: was there ever a message that represented our laundry list?
 - Joe: doesn't think so
 - encourages members to resend suggestions
 - Jeff: had forwarded msg from James Kobielius of Burton, based on
   his collection from their clients
 - Joe: send messages to list and be prepared on call in 2 weeks to
   have items ready for discussion

> 5. Other Business

- Phill: for the August forum, is making presentation, and will 
  circulate slides once they are put together
    - Prateek, Eve and Hal are also speaking
    - Phill is giving overall web svc security talk
    - Prateek is talking specifically on SAML
    - Hal is talking on XACML
 - everyone is encouraged to participate
 - Jeff: will proceedings be published on web?
 - Hal: thinks so, but can't say for sure
 - Jeff: will raise issue on JC email list
- Phill: other important dates are 4 Sept, for WSS TC and XKMS, in SF

> 6. Adjourn

- Adjourned


Attendance of Voting Members:

  Allen Rogers Authentica
  Irving Reid Baltimore
  Krishna Sankar Cisco
  Ronald Jacobson Computer Associates
  Hal Lockhart Entegrity
  Robert Griffin Entrust
  Robert Zuccherato Entrust
  Joe  Pato HP
  Jason Rouault HP
  Prateek Mishra Netegrity
  Charles Knouse Oblix
  Steve Anderson OpenNetwork
  Rob Philpott RSA Security
  Jahan Moreh Sigaba
  Bhavna Bhatnagar Sun
  Jeff Hodges Sun
  Eve Maler Sun
  Emily Xu Sun
  Bob Morgan UWashington
  Phillip Hallam-Baker Verisign
  Simon Godik (individual)

Attendance of Observers or Prospective Members:

  Mingde Xu CrossLogix
  Eric Cohen PriceWaterhouseCoopers

Membership Status Changes:

  Robert Griffin Entrust - returned from leave of absence
  Chris McLaren Netegrity - lost voting status due to inactivity
  Mingde Xu CrossLogix - granted voting status
  Maryann Hondo IBM - granted voting status


[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]

Powered by eList eXpress LLC