Subject: [security-services] RE: [saml-dev] Web Services and SAML

Hi Bruce,

There are currently two drafts in circulation. Both drafts have been
submitted to WSS for consideration. The first, which was developed by this
TC, is available at:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200208/msg00015.html

The second, which has been developed by Philip Baker and others, may be
found at:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/wss/200208/msg00024.html

In the standards world, two is generally much worse than one, BUT I believe
both proposals are fairly close in general intent and structure. Based on
the WSS F2F minutes, there appears to be an interest in creating a single WS
Profile for SAML as part of the WS-Security effort.

- prateek

WSS F2F Minutes:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/wss/200209/msg00029.html