Subject: [security-services] Re: IPR Requirements for OASIS contributions

I agree to the submission of the referenced document under the OASIS
guidelines. I am not personally aware of any intellectual property rights
held by myself or by Sun Microsystems that affect the content of the
document.

	Eve

"Mishra, Prateek" <pmishra@netegrity.com> wrote:
>Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 16:47:23 -0400
>Colleagues,
>
>You are listed as an author of
>"WS-Security Profile of the OASIS Security Assertion Markup Language"
>draft-sstc-ws-sec-profile-03 available at
>
>http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200208/msg00015.html
><http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200208/msg00015.html
>>

>The SSTC has directed me to submit this draft to the WSSTC. As part of this
>process, I am obligated to ask you to affirm your acceptance of the OASIS
>rules on submissions to a TC. These rules are fully described in Section 3.1
>of:
>
>http://www.oasis-open.org/who/intellectualproperty.shtml
><http://www.oasis-open.org/who/intellectualproperty.shtml>
>

>I have reproduced Section 3.1 in the last part of this message.
>
>(1) If you feel comfortable with the language in Section 3.1 (Please read
>point 6
>carefully), please send a message affirming your acceptance to the SSTC
>mailing
>list together with any other relevant information. You are done!
>
>(2) If you are not comfortable with the language, there are several pathways
>open.
>You can withdraw from authorship with the knowledge that you can join the
>WSS in taking the draft forward (also IPR issues will be have to dealt with
>"again" by WSS). We can discuss other options as well.
>
>- prateek mishra
>
>781-663-7358

>-------
>
>OASIS.IPR.3.1. All Contributions
>
>By submission of a contribution, each person actually submitting
>
>the contribution is deemed to agree to the following terms and
>
>conditions on his own behalf, on behalf of the organization (if
>
>any) he represents and on behalf of the owners of any
>
>proprietary rights in the contribution. Where a submission
>
>identifies contributors in addition to the contributor(s) who
>
>provide the actual submission, the actual submitter(s) represent
>
>that each other named contributor was made aware of and agreed
>
>to accept the same terms and conditions on his own behalf, on
>
>behalf of any organization he may represent and any known owner
>
>of any proprietary rights in the contribution.
>

>1.Some works (e.g. works of the U.S. Government) are not subject
>
>to copyright. However, to the extent that the submission is
>
>or may be subject to copyright, the contributor, the
>
>organization he represents (if any) and the owners of any
>
>proprietary rights in the contribution, grant an unlimited
>
>perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free, world-wide right and
>
>license to OASIS under any copyrights in the contribution.
>
>This license includes the right to copy, publish and
>
>distribute the contribution in any way, and to prepare
>
>derivative works that are based on or incorporate all or part
>
>of the contribution, the license to such derivative works to

> [...]

Eve Maler                                       +1 781 442 3190
Sun Microsystems                           cell +1 781 883 5917
XML Web Services / Industry Initiatives     eve.maler @ sun.com