Subject: Re: [security-services] Proposed wording for IPR standing rule

Revised files are attached.  They should go up on the website at some
point (Karl will need to provide a link to them in his message to the
membership, yes?)

	Eve

Philpott, Robert wrote:
> Yep.
>
> Rob Philpott
> RSA Security Inc.
> The Most Trusted Name in e-Security
> Tel: 781-515-7115
> Mobile: 617-510-0893
> Fax: 781-515-7020
> mailto:rphilpott@rsasecurity.com

Title: [Draft] SSTC Charter

Charter for the OASIS Security Services Technical Committee

Name of Technical Committee

The official name is the Security Services Technical Committee (SSTC). It is sometimes unofficially called the "SAML TC".

Purpose of Technical Committee

The purpose of the TC is to define, enhance, and maintain a standard XML-based framework for creating and exchanging authentication and authorization information.

Deliverables

The TC held its first meeting by telephone on 9 January 2001. On 31 May 2002 it delivered a suite of SAML V1.0 Committee Specifications to the OASIS membership for review. On 5 November 2002 the SAML V1.0 specifications were declared to be approved as an OASIS Standard.

The TC plans to complete the following tasks:

  • By summer 2003: SAML V1.1 Committee Specifications. Items considered for SAML V1.1 may include backwards-compatible bug fixes, as well as high-priority new functionality that is backwards-compatible with or orthogonal to the existing design.

  • By the end of 2003: SAML V2.0 Committee Specifications. Items considered for SAML V2.0 may include functionality that satisfies major requirements that were deferred from SAML V1.0, as well as new functionality satisfying newly discovered requirements (for example, through implementation and deployment of the existing specifications).

Auxiliary documents (such as SAML profile specifications) and additional versions may also be produced at the Committee's discretion. The TC's intent is to pursue OASIS Standard status for all SAML Committee Specifications.

Language

All business is conducted in English.

Meeting Schedule

Teleconferences are held every other Tuesday from noon to 2pm Eastern Time. Exceptions to this schedule are posted on the TC home page.

Agendas and contact information for the teleconferences are provided on the security-services mailing list (archive) in advance of the meeting.

Names of Meeting Sponsors

Sun Microsystems, Inc. will sponsor the teleconferences throughout 2003.

Policies and Procedures

As required, the TC will follow the operating rules of OASIS. In addition, the TC has adopted a set of additional standing rules, which may be updated from time to time.

Title: [Draft] SSTC Charter

Standing Rules in Effect for the OASIS Security Services Technical Committee

Last updated 18 February 2003

The Security Services Technical Committee (SSTC) has approved the following standing rules:

  1. Any OASIS member may join the security-services mailing list; mailing list membership is not limited to voting and prospective committee members. [ Approved 18 February 2003]

  2. The chair may initiate email ballots. [ Approved 18 February 2003]