Subject: [security-services] Report on OASIS Standard 1.0 edits

I have made the following changes to the SAML 1.0 documents and schemas:

- All seven documents:

   . Changed the file names to the new document identifiers as noted
     below.

- In the five Word documents:

   . Changed "Committee Specification 01" to "OASIS Standard" and
     "31 May 2002" to "5 November 2002" at the top.

   . Changed the document identifier, associated hyperlinks, and file
     names to the new names, following the new filenaming guidelines:

     oasis-sstc-saml-core-1.0
     oasis-sstc-saml-bindings-1.0
     oasis-sstc-saml-conform-1.0
     oasis-sstc-saml-sec-consider-1.0
     oasis-sstc-saml-glossary-1.0

   . Changed the first paragraph of the status to:

     "This is an OASIS Standard document that was approved by the
     OASIS membership on 5 November 2002."

   . Changed the third paragraph of the status to:

     "This document has not changed substantively since its Committee
     Specification stage. Changes from cs-sstc-[foo]-00 are noted in
     the errata document, draft-sstc-cs-errata-04."

   . Changed the footers to the new document identifier and date.

   . Kept the line counts in the first couple of pages the same so that
     references (e.g. in errata reports) to places later in the
     documents don't change.

- In the two schema modules:

   . Changed the single mention in each of the old document identifier
     to the new one and likewise changed the file names, following
     the new filenaming guidelines:

     oasis-sstc-saml-schema-assertion-1.0
     oasis-sstc-saml-schema-protocol-1.0

- Still to do in all:

   . Rationalize the bibliographies.
   . Doublecheck everything.
   . Try to find the PC Magazine Award icon and stick it on the docs.

Please let me know if you prefer different wording/filenames or
additional/fewer changes.  I will prepare final OASIS Standard versions
with PDF flavors by the end of the week.  (I plan to start working on
the 1.1 revisions right after that.)

Thanks,

	Eve

Sun Microsystems                            cell +1 781 354 9441
Web Technologies and Standards               eve.maler @ sun.com