Subject: [security-services] The OASIS SSTC requests permission to createderivative works fro m LAP v1.1 specifications

To:
The Liberty Management Board,
Bill Smith, Secretary
Liberty Alliance
Bill.Smith@Sun.com

From:
Prateek Mishra, Rob Philpott
OASIS Security Services Technical Committee Co-chairs
<pmishra@netegrity.com>, <rphilpott@rsasecurity.com>

5-March-2003

Dear Bill,

On behalf of the OASIS SSTC, we wish to communicate the following information to
the Liberty Management Board.

The OASIS Security Services Technical Committee (SSTC) voted on 4-Feb-2003 to
make the following request of the Liberty Alliance:

         Resolved, the SSTC requests permission from the Liberty Alliance to
         create various derivative works of the Liberty Alliance version 1.1 specification set.

This request is being made in accordance with the second paragraph of the
"Notice" listed near the beginning of each of the Liberty Alliance version 1.1
specifications, see [1] for example.

We look forward to your response in this matter. Please feel free to contact us
if you have any questions or wish to discuss this further.

Yours truly,

Prateek & Rob

OASIS SSTC Co-Chairpersons

[1] Liberty Protocols & Schema Spec v1.1

http://www.projectliberty.org/specs/liberty-architecture-protocols-schema-v1.1.pdf