OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

security-services message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: RE: [security-services] Minutes from April 8, 2003 Conference Call

In order to have our votes to accept minutes also cover attendance data, I am adding it to Prateek's minutes from today's meeting...

Attendance of Voting Members:

  Irving Reid Baltimore
  John Hughes Entegrity Solutions
  Carlisle Adams Entrust
  Robert Griffin Entrust
  Prateek Mishra Netegrity
  Frederick Hirsch Nokia
  Charles Knouse Oblix
  Steve Anderson OpenNetwork
  Rob Philpott RSA Security
  Jahan Moreh Sigaba
  Bhavna Bhatnagar Sun
  Jeff Hodges Sun
  Eve Maler Sun
  Scott Cantor (individual)
  Bob Morgan (individual)

Attendance of Observers or Prospective Members:

  Maryann Hondo IBM

Membership Status Changes:

  Bill Haase Tivoli - Lost status due to inactivity


-----Original Message-----
From: Mishra, Prateek [mailto:pmishra@netegrity.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2003 2:41 PM
To: security-services@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [security-services] Minutes from April 8, 2003 Conference Call

Minutes, April 8, 2003

1. Roll Call

Quorum achieved.

2. Minutes accepted from last call.

3. Review of Action Items:

[Editorial Action Item for Eve]

Review of glossary and bindings is pending.

#0019: Draft text for PE11

Eve has published text to the list. After review, motion to include
in SAML 1.1. Passes without objection.

#0018: Describe degenrate cases with RespondWith


#0017: Eve to search for instances of "assertion type" and clarify as

Closed. Jeff to review and search for instances of the same.

#0016: Publish Destination Site First Flow


New Action: (1) Scott to provide proposed changes to Core.
            (2) Prateek to provide note that describes overall proposal.

#0015: Add mailing list to home page (Rob)


#0013: Use of WS-Trust in credential collector proposal (Maryann)

#0009: Provide text for PE-9


#0008: Provide text for PE-4


#0007: URL-centric flows

#0004: Proposed for WSDL for metdata

#0003: DSig Core Change Proposal

Scott has provided recent text for review and discussion.



Scott will provide text for same this week and we will schedule a vote next
April 15, 2003.

V1.1 Topics for Discussion

Review of sstc-saml-core-1.1-draft-03

Motion: Accept change for E-8.
Passes without Objection.

Discussion around <RespondWith> semantics and proposed changes in 03 draft.
Suggestion that we may deprecate <RespondWith> in 
SAML 2.0.


ISSUE: IS there a character encoding issue with the use of base64 in HTML
forms? Apparently not.

[ACTION] Scott to propose text to clarify base64 use in FORM Post profile.


Scott has published a note on Versioning which is meant to replace the
discussion in Section 4 (Versioning)


SSTC members please review. We will plan to VOTE on this on April 15, 2003.


Review of Errata List:

New errata item E-8, replace "MAY NOT" by "MUST NOT". MAY NOT is not a
defined concept in spec-speak.
Motion made, seconded and accepted without objection.

Discussion around PE-16. Changes proposed by Eve accepted without


V2.0 Topics for Discussion

Frederick: What is the scope of the vote on April 15?
Rob, Carlisle: The idea is that we vote on the broad scope of the effort. 

Jeff: We should look at this in the scope of the overall 2.0 list. The 2.0
list includes
credential collector anyway.

Rob: recommend that we continue to discuss this item on the list but defer
voting on this topic.


Jeff: SSTC request to Liberty Alliance is still pending.


Discussion of JSR-155 status and next steps in this space.

Prateek Mishra

p: 781-530-6564
c: 781-308-5198


[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]