Subject: FW: SAML Patent Page for RSA web site

Title: FW: SAML Patent Page for RSA web site

FINALLY... The license and filing instructions for the patents mentioned in RSA Security's letter of intent (http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/security/ipr.php) has finally made it onto the RSA Security company web site.

The instructions and a link for downloading the license file (.pdf) are available at: http://www.rsasecurity.com/solutions/standards/saml.

This page is also linked from the RSA Security "Standards" descriptions page at: http://www.rsasecurity.com/solutions/standards/index.html.

One important note - we had previously discussed that this would be a download/fax-back license.  When I received it, however, I learned that the instructions specify a download/mail-back process.  When I inquired about this with our legal department, I was informed that they are okay with a fax-back, but that most attorneys they have dealt with want originals.  As they don't feel the mail-back will be overly burdensome since everyone needs to have an authorized endorser sign the agreement, they stuck with the mail-back process.

If this aspect of the licensing is problematic for anyone, I ask that you please contact the legal department at the number described on the web page listed above.

Rob Philpott
RSA Security Inc.
The Most Trusted Name in e-Security
Tel: 781-515-7115