Subject: RE: [security-services] fyi: SecurityTokenReferenceType fromsecext.xsd + "Id" from utility

The upshot would seem to be that when referencing a SAML assertion in a token reference, the saml:AssertionIDReference element would
be an obvious choice, but if we changed that indirectly to xsd:NCName, that might have consequences for what you can do with it in
this context.

OTOH, if I understand correctly, a WSS SecurityTokenReference doesn't necessarily point at a token in the same message anyway, in
which case you have the same problem again.

So the reasonable thing to do would seem to be to go ahead and just change it.