Subject: FW: Comments on Bindings and Profiles doc - Draft 06

Even though mostly editorial, I'm fwd'ing to the list for
discussion/finalization:

-----Original Message-----
From: John Hughes [mailto:john.hughes@entegrity.com]
Sent: Monday, May 19, 2003 6:19 AM
To: Prateek Mishra; Philpott, Robert; Eve Maler
Subject: Comments on Bindings and Profiles doc - Draft 06

Prateek/Rob/Eve,

its some time since I've looked at this document - but on going through the
Profiles section I've up with the following comments - most of which are
minor (which is why I did not sent it to the list).

General:

- to the HTTP purist the HTTP examples are wrong.  For instance on line 460
it should be:

	GET <path>?TARGET=<Target> <HTTP-Version>

The HTTP GET header does not include the protocol nor the host name

- Throughout the doc there seems to be spurious "..." - as in line 460.  I
guess in this case its supposed to represent a space.  Whilst in other cases
(which is the more accepted norm), represents missing headers or components.

4.1.1.4 line 480.  The location field should use the https protocol to be
consistent with the text on 495-498 and to match line 503.

4.1.1.4 line 486.  Nothing explains what the "..." mean.  In addition how do
you delimit the TARGET and SAMLart query variables.  Nothing is said.  Its
usual to use "&".

4.1.1.8 line 565. Why have Byte1Byte2 defined.  It is not further on.  Would
it not be simpler to have defined
	TypeCode := 0x0001

4.1.1.8 line 592.  Nothing is defined about the use or purpose of
AssertionHandle in this section

Hope this helps

John

John Hughes     SVP and CTO