OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

security-services message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Minutes for Telecon, Tuesday 10 June 2003

Minutes for SSTC Telecon, Tuesday 10 June 2003
Dial in info: +1 865 673 3239 #238-3466
Minutes taken by Steve Anderson


    - Minutes from 27 May 2003 call accepted
    - Editors directed to respond to review comments with wordsmithing
  Previous Action Items Still Open:
    - #0047 Update Issues List from V 1.0
    - #0038 Continue developing Metadata specs
    - #0013 Request use of WS-Trust for CC Proposal
    - #0004 Propose WSDL for metadata

  New Action Items:
    - Editors to make corrections based on review comments
    - Chairs to publicize need for vendor attestations and IPR
      compliance statements
    - Chairs to setup F2F poll for dates & locations
    - Jahan to come up with proposal for handling errata during review
                             Raw Notes

> Agenda:
> 1. Roll call

- Attendance attached to bottom of these minutes
- Quorum achieved

> 2. Accept minutes from previous meeting, 27 May
>    < http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/
>      200305/msg00147.html >

- [VOTE] unanimous consent, accepted

> 3. Review comments received on candidate specification and determine
>    new action items if any:
>    < http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/
>      200305/msg00150.html >
>    < http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/
>      200305/msg00148.html >

- Prateek: comments have been light
- we are required to respond to each comment received
- we can go thru the comments and generate action items
    - From John Kemp, dated 29 May
        - concerns mostly language issues
        - in some places language is used suggesting assertions may
          be nested within each other
        - Rob had responded that assertions are containers for 
        - Hal: thinks we could just put in some clarifying words
        - thinks comments are right
        - not weighty issues requiring extensive debate
        - [MOTION] Editors directed to respond to review comments
          with wordsmithing
        - [VOTE] no objections, passes
        - [ACTION] Editors to make corrections based on review comments
    - From Rob
        - Examples out of date
        - can be handled under umbrella of previous item
        - Jahan: will we be making corrections, or will this be errata?
        - Rob: we've been told by Karl that we can make minor editorial
          changes without restarting comment period
        - Hal: suggesting that we not make changes until end of review
          period, and to keep a list of changes that will be made at

> 4. Review Timeline and determine new action items:
>    Target V1.1 end game schedule: 
>    [Target: 27-May] Post CS docs and schemas to web site 
>    [Target: 28-May] The TC chairs announce to OASIS that the 
>        Committee Spec is available for a 30-day Public Review period. 
>    [Target: 30-June] End of Public Review period - prepare new errata
>        document as needed. 
>    [Target: 1-July (1st Tuesday following 30-day period)] TC vote to
>        submit the Committee Spec to OASIS. 
>    [Target: 1-July] Chairs begin preparing OASIS spec submission
>        document which includes Reference links to specs 
>    Certification by at least 3 vendors successfully using the spec 
>    Describe disposition of all public review comments 
>    IPR policy compliance statements 
>    [Target: 15-July] The submission document must be submitted to
>        OASIS by the 15th of the month 
>    [Target: 1-August] OASIS will make the announcement of the TC's
>        request for standardization of the committee spec by the 1st
>        of the month. 
>    [Target: 15-August] Voting will commence by the 15th of the month.
>    [Target: 31-August] Voting will complete at the end of the month.

- Rob: we'll want to send out an updated doc set near the end of the 
  review period
- we have an off-week meeting planned 1 July to submit modified doc
  set to OASIS
- discussion of vendor attestations
    - what approach is appropriate?
    - will we have 3 vendors?
    - Rob: maybe we need people to respond offline
    - [ACTION] Chairs to publicize need for vendor attestations and IPR
      compliance statements

> 5. Review Open Action Items:
>    #0047 Update Issues List from V 1.0
>    Rob Philpott

- Prateek: what role does this play?
- Rob: goal was to identify what issues from V 1.0 have been addressed
  in V 1.1, what has not, what new issues have been identified
- hopes to have done by next meeting

>    #0038 Continue developing Metadata specs
>    Jahan Moreh

- Prateek: had agreed to give commentary, and have not
- others agreed as well
- Jahan: soliciting comments from folks
- stays PENDING

>    #0013 Request use of WS-Trust for CC Proposal
>    Maryann Hondo

- Rob: no further discussion

>    #0004 Propose WSDL for metadata
>    Prateek Mishra

- still OPEN

> 6. Any other business

- Planning SAML 2.0 F2F
    - Prateek: should plan F2F after some preliminary 2.0 work
    - what are people's thoughts on a potential timeline?
    - an aggressive schedule might allow for late July, early August
    - should be into the 2.0 material by September timeframe
    - Digital ID World has approached us about doing one there
    - scheduled in mid-October
    - Darren: they've offered to host it and make conference attendance
      fees $500 instead of $1500 for SSTC members (back to 1.0)
    - Jahan: can one attend the F2F without attending the conference?
    - definitely
    - Prateek: so when do we think we want to have a F2F
    - Rob: depends on how much we can get done offline
    - we had goal of getting 2.0 done by end of year
    - waiting until October for a F2F may put that timeframe at risk
    - Prateek: maybe we should schedule an earlier F2F, maybe end of
    - Emily: Liberty has an interop in July & August, so for those
      involved in that, July/August will be crowded
    - Jason: July event is 14 July, next one is around week of 18
      August, and a F2F is week of 25 August
    - Prateek: could still try for end of July, in between those dates
    - Hal: would like to see some polling on different dates
    - Prateek: some proposed dates to poll on?
        - Hal: do we have potential venues?
        - Hal: BEA can host in Mass, but only can accommodate up to 25,
          maybe 30
        - Rob: RSA could host
        - Rob: once we get into Liberty work, do people know of more
          people from their own companies that will be joining our TC?
        - no immediate response
        - Prateek: so we can start with about 4 candidate weeks starting
          late July
        - Rob: can also poll east/west coast location preference
    - [ACTION] Chairs to setup F2F poll for dates & locations
- Jahan: Rob and Eve had been discussing errata format for 1.1, so did
  you come to consensus?
    - Rob: had decided on naming format
    - need to track anything we change from Committee Spec to OASIS
    - Jahan: so we need to quickly publish what we've discussed today
    - will do so in current format
    - Rob: will you leave the old errata in there?
    - Jahan: good question, tricky issue
    - Rob: think about it and come up with proposal
    - [ACTION] Jahan to come up with proposal for handling errata
      during review period

> 7. Adjourn

- Adjourned


Attendance of Voting Members:

  Hal Lockhart BEA
  John Hughes Entegrity Solutions
  Carlisle Adams Entrust
  Jason Rouault HP
  Scott Cantor Individual
  Prateek Mishra Netegrity
  Frederick Hirsch Nokia
  Senthil Sengodan Nokia
  Timo Skytta Nokia
  Charles Knouse Oblix
  Steve Anderson OpenNetwork
  Simon Godik OverXeer
  Rob Philpott RSA Security
  Dipak Chopra SAP
  Jahan Moreh Sigaba
  Bhavna Bhatnagar Sun
  Emily Xu Sun

Attendance of Observers or Prospective Members:

  Krishna Sankar Cisco
  Darren Platt Individual

Membership Status Changes:

  Krishna  Sankar Cisco - Granted voting status after call
  Gabriel Lawrence Individual - Granted voting status after call
  Mike White Individual - Granted voting status after call


[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]