Subject: URGENT - SAML V1.1 get out the vote request

Hi folks,

The SAML V1.1 standardization ballot closes this Sunday.  There are currently 329 OASIS member companies eligible to vote.  All standards have to receive a minimum of 10% in order for the vote to be valid. OASIS membership has grown considerably in the last year and this makes it a bit tougher to get the minimum.

We are currently at 30 votes, which is great, but it is 3 votes shy of the minimum required.

I realize that this may partially be due to summer vacation schedules, but there may also have been a problem with the Kavi system that is being investigated.  We know of 4 votes of the 30 that had to be re-cast as they were not recorded in the system the first time they were submitted.

So I'm making an urgent request to members of the SSTC mailing list to please ask your company representative to give us your vote (geez - that made me feel like a politician for a minute - how uncomfortable!).  If your rep says they've already voted, please ask them to double-check that their vote really has been recorded.  They can check it at http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/voting/.

If you don't know who your organization's voting representative is, go to the My Account page at http://www.oasis-open.org/members/user_tools then select the link for View Company Roster.

Anyway, the following companies have folks on the SSTC mailing list, but your company does not currently have a vote recorded:

  • ACS
  • Argonne National Labs
  • Aventail
  • Baltimore
  • Bank of America
  • BEA
  • Blockade Systems Corp
  • Booz Allen Hamilton
  • Bowstreet
  • Canada Customs & Revenue
  • Choreology
  • Chunghwa Telecom Laboratories
  • CommerceOne
  • Confluent Software
  • ContentGuard
  • Critical Path
  • DataPower Technology
  • Digital Evolution
  • Documentum
  • E2Open
  • ETRI
  • Entrust
  • Fujitsu
  • Gemplus
  • GSA
  • Hitachi
  • IBM
  • Infoteria
  • Intel
  • Interoperability Clearinghouse
  • Iona
  • KPMG LLP
  • Logistics Management Institute
  • Microsoft
  • Mitre
  • NASA
  • NEC
  • Netegrity
  • Netherlands Tax and Customs Administration
  • Neustar
  • Novell
  • NTT USA
  • OneName Corp