Subject: RE: [security-services] RE: Minutes for Telecon, Tuesday 30 Septe mber 2003

Tony - I believe you are way off base on this point regarding the charter.

The TC process explicitly states:
"The list of deliverables may be expanded if the new deliverables are within
the scope of the topic; work on a further version of a specification after
completion of the original deliverable requires a clarification of the
charter."

The new draft of the TC Guidelines I just received from Karl also states:

"...new deliverables within the scope of the TC may also be added. A TC
cannot change its purpose or the direction of the TC - that would require
disbanding the TC then starting a new TC."

It then goes on to state:
"A TC which has completed its charter or the deliverables listed in its
charter, should either disband or add new deliverables."

Soooo... in order for the new deliverables to not be permitted, they would
have to be deemed as not in the "scope of the topic", or would "change its
[the TC's] purpose" or "direction".

You seem to be saying that our V2.0 deliverables are "not in scope".

Our TC's Statement of Purpose defines the goal/scope of the TC as follows:
"The purpose of the TC is to define, enhance, and maintain a standard
XML-based framework for creating and exchanging authentication and
authorization information."

Would you please educate us on why you believe the proposed deliverables are
not included in this scope?!?  In my view, everything we are doing is
consistent with the enhancement and maintenance of the SAML specification.

Rob Philpott
RSA Security Inc.
The Most Trusted Name in e-Security
Tel: 781-515-7115