Subject: RE: [security-services] RE: Minutes for Telecon, Tuesday 30 Septe mber 2003

I quote from your original message:

[quote]
I will have to object to this Action Item as the SS-TC needs to re-charter
from scratch since they have completed their original deliverables. The TC
process states this at:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php#closing.
[end-quote]

On investigating the URL link you provided:

[quote]

(o). Closing a TC

TC Administration may close any TC that fails to conduct at least one
quorate meeting or conduct any electronic ballots during any six month
period; whose voting membership falls below three members; has reached its
completion date; or has failed to show progress towards achieving its
purpose as defined by its charter. TC Administration must close a TC that
has completed its deliverables. A TC can be closed by resolution of its
members or by resolution of the Board.

[end-quote]

My reading of your message was: the TC has completed its deliverables and
therefore, following OASIS rules, "The TC administration must close a TC
that has completed its deliverables". I was fairly astonished (astounded?)
at this reading and asked for clarification, perhaps not in the most
collegial fashion.

Since then you have clarified your position as one of checking to make sure
we are following OASIS rules. That seems quite reasonable to me and we would
be happy to work with you to ensure that all OASIS rules are appropriately
followed.

- prateek