Subject: Re: [security-services] Groups - saml2-lecp.pdf uploaded

Frederick,

Thanks for posting, I have a few questions.

(1) Do we read your "benefits" as the motivation for including this profile
?
(2) Since this proposal requires specifically enabled clients, does it make
sense over the existing SAML 1.1 profiles ?
(3) This seems to add a control point which may not be acceptable in most
deployments, are you proposing this as a optional profile ?
(4) This requires SSL/TLS (asymmetric key-establishment phase) and there
are cases where one may want to use symmetric-key-only solution which can
be computationally faster, doesn't it make sense to develop a protocol that
can handle both ?
(5) This seems to require an additional roundtrip to the identity provider
before the interaction can continue, which seems to add to flows and become
bogged down by network latency, don't this pose a similar performance
problems as the redirects ?

Anthony Nadalin | work 512.436.9568 | cell 512.289.4122

|         |           Frederick.Hirsch@|
|         |           nokia.com        |
|         |           10/07/2003 08:00 |
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                                              |
  |       To:       security-services@lists.oasis-open.org                                                                                       |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  [security-services] Groups - saml2-lecp.pdf uploaded                                                                         |
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

The document saml2-lecp.pdf has been submitted by Frederick Hirsch
(Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com) to the OASIS Security Services TC document
repository.

Document Description:
03-Sept-08 F2F LECP presentation

Download Document:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/security/download.php/3758/saml2-lecp.pdf

View Document Details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/security/document.php?document_id=3758

PLEASE NOTE:  If the above links do not work for you, your email
application
may be breaking the link into two pieces.  You may be able to copy and
paste

-OASIS Open Administration

the OASIS TC), go to
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/security-services/members/leave_workgroup.php