Subject: File naming guidelines

The following should close an action item I took at the F2F.

The following mail message contains (what I believe is) the most recent
draft of the file naming guidelines that I put together a few months
ago.  The chairs community discussed making some changes having to do
with allowing mixed case and other matters, but I don't think they were
put in place officially (I don't own this doc anymore), and they
shouldn't affect us in any case.

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/chairs/200302/msg00119.html

Going by these rules, I suggest the following for naming our working
drafts, where:
   tcid        = sstc
   description = saml-{subdescrip}
   version     = 2.0

sstc-saml-tech-overview-2.0-draft-nn
sstc-saml-sec-consider-2.0-draft-nn
sstc-saml-impl-guidelines-2.0-draft-nn
sstc-saml-scope-2.0-draft-nn
sstc-saml-issues-2.0-draft-nn
sstc-saml-core-2.0-draft-nn
sstc-saml-bindings-2.0-draft-nn
sstc-saml-conform-2.0-draft-nn
sstc-saml-metadata-2.0-draft-nn
sstc-saml-authn-context-2.0-draft-nn
sstc-saml-authn-context-2.0-draft-nn
sstc-saml-glossary-2.0-draft-nn
sstc-saml-exec-overview-2.0-draft-nn
sstc-saml-schema-assertion-2.0 (hmm, we traditionally haven't used
sstc-saml-schema-protocol-2.0   rev numbers for these to make imports
                                 simpler, but that's a no-no...)

There are guidelines for contributions, too, but as I said at the F2F
meeting, I don't intend to strictly enforce these.  The reason it's a
good idea to use them, though, is that they help indicate the true
"owner" of a contribution/proposal (that is, *not* the TC itself).
Here's how it could look for a couple of the recent use case proposals,
where:
   contributorid = family name of proposer
   description   = {work item #}-{descrip}

sstc-lepro-w28b-attrib-01
sstc-cantor-w2-nameid-01

If you have questions, suggestions, or pushback, let me know.

	Eve
Sun Microsystems                            cell +1 781 354 9441
Web Products, Technologies, and Standards    eve.maler @ sun.com