Subject: Re: [security-services] Comment on SAML implementations and theirinter-op properties

Interesting and timely feedback.

The issue of working on a test suite came up in the September meeting,
but we didn't get very far with it.  Perhaps we should see if Daniel
Blum's exhortation makes it more attractive for some SAML participants
to take on this resource-intensive task.  At the least, should we be
planning additional interop events for various scenarios?

Regarding having a a "must-implement profile": This seems a little weird
to me if you look at the entire range of possible and existing profiles,
though if we couched it in terms like "*If you're doing SSO*, you must
support XYZ profile" it would make more sense.  We discussed this idea
very early on; maybe it's time to revisit it.

Regarding "cookbook" material, we are indeed creating more outreach
materials, including executive and technical overviews and the FAQ.
Maybe we (John Hughes and I?) should contact Daniel about this and offer
the opportunity to review and make suggestions.

	Eve

Mishra, Prateek wrote:

> http://burtongroup.com/weblogs/danielblum/
>
> - prateek
>
> Prateek Mishra
> Director, Tech&Arch
> Netegrity
>
> p: 781-530-6564
> c: 617-875-4970
Sun Microsystems                            cell +1 781 354 9441
Web Products, Technologies, and Standards    eve.maler @ sun.com