Subject: Charter ballot was modified to permit viewing of the results...

You may have already noticed this, but I modified the ballot yesterday so that everyone could see the detailed results while it is still in progress.  It previously was set to display the results only after the ballot closed. That meant that only those with special Kavi privs could view the details.

OASIS doesn't provide any guidance on whether results for ballots like this should be private until the ballot closes, and I took a conservative approach as we hadn't discussed it in the meeting on Tuesday. But in the interest of openness, and after discussing it with Prateek, we decided to open it should be opened up to the "members to this group" (although I'm not really sure whether that checkbox on the ballot means just voting members or everyone on the SSTC mailing list - I think it's the full SSTC list).

Anyway, let Prateek and me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Rob Philpott
RSA Security Inc.
The Most Trusted Name in e-Security
Tel: 781-515-7115