Subject: RE: [security-services] RE: IBM charter position (was [security-services] Groups- sstc-saml-charter-2.0-draft-02.doc uploaded)

Timo,

>Our customers express the same urgency and need for a solution as do RSA's
customers. Besides the business related needs, the mobile industry is
facing technical challenges introduced by legislation.

Thanks for the comments but I'm confused, it seems that OMA has chosen to
accept Liberty 1.1 for SSO but complete federated identity is still out of
scope for the phase 1 work. So it seem that any immediate urgency from the
mobile community can be solved by the specifications the Liberty group has
encouraged the OMA to accept., So what is pushing the  urgency in the
SS-TC, can't folks use the Liberty specifications ? Maybe you can get some
of your customers to help us understand why what  Liberty group has
encouraged the OMA to accept is not sufficient.

You are welcome to attend the public workshops on the various WS-*
specifications. RSA  is joining us next week, and maybe Nokia could
participate  with the authors and other companies. These workshops allows
an open exchange under RF rules prior to submitting the specifications to a
standards body. See
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/offers/WS-Specworkshops/ for IP and
other related issues. I remember Liberty making a similar commitment to
hold such events. Have there been any workshops held under RF terms yet ?

I also don't understand the phone number references you make ? I know there
is some EU mandate coming but I'm not sure why the SAML group needs to
address this, can you elaborate  as I have not seen any requirement in the
SS-TC or in OMA yet.?

Anthony Nadalin | work 512.436.9568 | cell 512.289.4122