Subject: RE: [security-services] RE: IBM charter position

Conor,
I know all groups have oral traditions,  folk lore and written documents ....
and its hard to always capture the subtleties of people's expectations.....we're just trying to get some of the folk lore written down here....
It seems we are going around on several things:

In the charter Scope of Work.....

on bullet one, will there be (or is there, and I missed it) some collection of the issues and requirements that have been collected?
        (Conor, this is what gets confusing........Is OMA one of these providers of issues and requirements?)

on bullet 3, do we need to define or at least illustrate what the "various identity federation models" are or could be?
        ( In my previous life with SAML several years ago,  we started to address Kerberos & Passport.....is this still part of the models?  )

Bullet one says its dealing with "real world" implementations of SAML....are we looking for a real world federation model as well?
Will we include the WS* work ? Do we agree that a ubiquitous standard for federation is desirable? and that considering non-SAML federation is practical?
Or,  if non-SAML federation is not in scope of SSTC (as you suggest)
 than is the goal of the SSTC to  define a SAML to SAML identity federation model?

Thanks.
Maryann