Subject: RE: [security-services] RE: IBM charter position (was [security-services]Groups - sstc-saml-charter-2.0-draft-02.doc uploaded)

Anthony Nadalin wrote on 11/17/2003, 7:15 PM:

 > As it was explained to you before is a reciprocal agreement, have you
 > looked at the agreement  as it seems that there is some
 > misunderstanding

I think you need to read your own agreements... Contributors are
required to "grant to all Authhors" an explicit RF, irrevocable license
to any IP that they contribute as well as to make the Authors aware of
any third party IP that may be related as well.  Authors, in the
agreement, only say that they "intend to" make this RF (with other
reasonable and non-discriminatory terms).

1. "Authors intend to grant" does not equal "Participant grants to All
Authors" in any way, shape or form.

2. "zero royalties with other reasonable and non-discriminatory terms"
does not equal "RF" (without any such otherr terms.

This is not a reciprocal agreement to my reading.

My comments are based upon the WS-Federation workshop agreement on IBM's
site:

ftp://www6.software.ibm.com/software/developer/library/ws-intopfdbk.doc

Conor