Subject: Re: [security-services] Liberty IPR Issues (was: Liberty ID-FF 1. 2 submissionto the SSTC)

Anthony Nadalin wrote on 11/29/2003, 10:57 AM:

 > What Michael is asking for is at least the equivalent ?

No it isn't.  Michael is asking if the grant covers any and all
derivations that the SSTC may make to the contribution.  The statement
in the WSS, first of all, was not a grant, but a commitment to a future
grant and only applied to the contribution itself, not to the entire
possible work of the WSS TC.

 > Several companies have pointed out IPR concerns and we would like to
 > see if we can have a focus group to address these concerns.

If the contributions meet the requirements for OASIS IPR disclosures, I
think it is time to move on.

There are still way too many questions that exist around exactly what
will be done, how it will be done, when it will be done, etc. to try to
nail down exactly what IP will be included and therefore what IPR grants
will be needed.

Getting any lawyers to make IPR statements without knowhing the bounds
of such statments is worse than trying to pull your own teeth.

Conor