Subject: Re: [security-services] Liberty IPR Issues (was: Liberty ID-FF 1. 2submission to the SSTC)

> I did read the document.  Please show the wording that you think provides
the derivative rights.

Its pretty clear, in "Each Author grants permission to OASIS and OASIS
members the right to copy, display, perform, modify and distribute the Web
Services Security ("WS-Security") draft specification and to authorize
others to do the foregoing, in any medium without fee or royalty, for the
purpose of further developing the WS-Security specification in the WSSTC as
set forth in the draft WSS TC charter". I suggest you take this to your IP
folks or are you asking for derivative rights for what the WSS-TC creates ?

>It's not whether or not I trust the companies, nor whether or not they can
be forced to live up to the commitment.  It is, however, a fact
>that the statement is NOT a grant.  It is a commitment for a future
action.

Its not a future item its a commitment, talk to the companies that have
received licences.

>As I have stated here several times, I have absolutely no problems with
the WSS-TC IPR statement.  My problems are with those that found that
>statement perfectly acceptable in another venue now asking for much more
stringent IPR disclosures in this venue.

hmmm, you seem to be pointing out issues but you have no problem ? We are
not asking for more stringent IPR disclosures in this venue we are trying
to understand and clarify the IPR statements made here

Anthony Nadalin | work 512.436.9568 | cell 512.289.4122